Community Networking Session
On Sexual Offences against Children
We would like to invite all community leaders, nonprofit workers, teachers and interested people working in the life-space of children to attend this Cape Winelands community networking session on 28 November 2018 at NG Toringkerk Hall in Paarl between 08h30 and 11h00.
Unfortunately, it is a known fact that sexual abuse against children increases over the holiday season. This is due to children being at home and exposed to perpetrators as well as increased substance abuse. Most often crime comes from within the community and locals therefore need to play an active role in preventing and reporting crime effectively.
The aim of this networking session is to:
- Educate community influencers on the legislation, reporting and successful conviction of child sexual offences.
- Establish communication channels between community and officers of the law.
- Strengthen the child protection system through collaboration.
- Introduction to sexual offences legislation (National Prosecuting Authority)
- Reporting of child sexual offences (South African Police Service – Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Unit)
- Question & Answer session
- Date: 28 November 2018
- Time: 08h30 to 11h00
- Venue: NG Toringkerk Hall in Paarl
- Cost: Free